Asset Management made simple
Trox offers the most complete portfolio of asset management solutions for education
Every year, millions of dollars’ worth of IT assets go missing from K-12 schools. Not only do these losses impact already tight budgets and classroom time, they can hurt your school’s reputation if data is breached.
With K-12 schools adopting education technology at an increasing rate, understanding how much IT assets cost throughout the lifecycle—from initial acquisition through maintenance and repair to disposal—can make all the difference in tight K-12 budgets.
Trox can help you better track and manage IT assets—and reduce costs—with a complete school asset management solution.
Why K-12 Asset Management?
- Better understand where existing assets are located at any point in time.
- Know when to perform needed maintenance or repairs.
- Provide greater predictability in budgeting and purchasing of new assets.
- Maximize and manage existing contracts.
- Provide complete visibility for federal, state, and local mandates.
Chalk up the losses...
Adams 12 Five Star District (CO) — Four cases of tennis balls, a ball hopper and a tennis ball machine worth $1,300 reported missing, as well as a sub-woofer sound mixer and gas cans.1
Central Texas School District — Missing iPads, laptops, projectors, and desktops totalling $235,000.2
Denver Public Schools — Various lawn equipment, $2,000 in backflow equipment, 21 laptops, two video cameras, a phone, emergency radios, keys and a drill rifle reported missing.3
-121 iPadsJefferson County Public Schools (CO) — 121 iPads, three surveillance cameras, a trimmer, and a backpack blower.4
Los Angeles Unified School District — 230 devices stolen or missing, another 3,105 unaccounted for.5
New York City Schools — More than 1,800 computers either missing or unaccounted for, and almost 400 unopened laptops and iPads in school closets.6
Asset Management tailored to your needs
- Trox’s portfolio includes solutions for the smallest, single-site institutions to the largest school districts with enterprise level expectations.
- End users can scan asset tags, attach documents and media, and integrate help-desk requests to better manage their inventory of fixed, mobile, hard and soft assets.
- Leverage the latest cloud and mobile technologies including QR, Barcode, RFID tagging, mobile device tracking and deployment, workflow and transfer processes for movement of assets, and an integrated support ticketing system.
- We can also provide customized integration for other software systems such as Finance Packages, Student or Management Information Systems and Mobile Device Managers.
- 1 "Thousands in cash, supplies missing from school districts." KDVR.com 05/12/2016.
- 2 "Central Texas school districts missing thousands of dollars in inventory." KEYETV.com, 11/05/2015.
- 3 "Thousands in cash, supplies missing from school districts." KDVR.com 05/12/2016.
- 4 "LA schools' audit finds hundreds of computers stolen, missing; thousands unaccounted for." KPCC, 08/27/2014.
- 5 WECT INVESTIGATES: $300k of equipment missing from NHCS," Wave3.com, 05/02/2016.
- 6 "Audit: New York Schools Lost Track of Computers, Tablets," WNYC.org, 12/02/2014.